I'm loving my bee hat v2.0. I loved the screen print of our apiary logo & the patch with the alternating blanket stitches. Then I went for the bling. My first attempt was rather meh. Just not taking it to the level I wanted. Then I was introduced to blingy Olive & Pique hats, and my vision was focused. I went rhinestone shopping on EBay (best craft store ever) and bought a mix bag selection of sew on stones.
I had been wanting to try my new bead foundation material for a while & this seemed to be the perfect starter project. I'm not an expert beader, but I can do enough to be dangerous. Having the foundation and the rhinestones really cleaned up my beading & I love the results.
|My selection of sew on rhinestones|
|I just made up my pattern of random stitching here|
|steps of the refab... removing the old beading, taping off the sections to be painted & the stenciling with gold paint|
|The finished result from my first attempt to the revamped version|