Friday, May 23, 2014

Go SPURS Go

I really needed to do something with all my old Spurs t-shirts that I don't wear or don't fit into anymore. So I decided I would cut them up & make a patch work maxi skirt. I also included some other t-shirts that I don't wear that I thought would go nicely with my black, white, gray and pink theme.
I decided on a 16" square for all my pieces. Some shirts proved a bit small for 16", but I made it work. Now...just cutting everything up took a while, but left me with a bunch of usable scraps. I cut the shirt bottoms into strips about 1.5"x6"-7", and will use the sleeves to make small drawstring bags.


I anticipate 3 projects from this reincarnation.
  1. Patchwork Maxi Skirt
  2. Rag-a-muffin Wreath
  3. Cutesy Drawstring Bags
I don't know when I'll get the time to it all, but at least I have a plan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear how your reincarnated project turned out.